POSITION TITLE: Senior Training and Development Specialist located in Albany, New York
The Institute for Community Health Promotion’s (ICHP) Learning, Engagement, and Development Services (ICHP/LEADS) at SUNY Buffalo State is seeking to hire a Senior Training and Development Specialist to deliver statewide computer training and technical assistance on NYS-proprietary and non-proprietary applications to State and local district Social Services agency staff who will: 1) design and develop training materials and distance-learning modules; 2) deliver computer-based trainings; and 3) perform other duties as assigned.
Essential functions of the job:
- Training and related activities, including:
- Plan for, schedule, and provide training on new and enhanced computer systems, including browser-based systems and functions
- Provide classroom and one-on-one training to local Department of Social Services staff at various field locations, using mobile lab equipment for classroom sessions
- Oversee/coordinate the research, development, design, creation, formatting, and editing of new training materials, including presentations, case scenarios, answer keys, curricula, quick reference guides, and e-learning modules and courses
- Assist with system testing and feedback as it relates to training and user needs
- Ensure that all training materials and presentations adhere to NYS branding guidelines
- Implementation and related activities, including:
- Organize and facilitate planning meetings and pre-implementation system training; maintain communication with local districts relative to same
- Monitor and track system and implementation activities relative to the project and report to OTDA staff and developers as needed
- Act as County lead during training and system implementations, coordinating, assigning, and monitoring status and progress of training/implementation tasks
- Other miscellaneous activities, including:
- Assist supervisor with project orientation, training, and guidance to new staff
- Monitor policy changes and develop and amend training as needed to reflect changes
- Research, develop, and deliver PowerPoint presentations and system demonstrations for specialized populations or events
- Work effectively with diverse groups, handle multiple priorities, and work under pressure
- Prepare and submit standard training documentation and administrative reports and any ad hoc reports requested
Timely submission of required documentation (e.g., quarterly reports, timesheets, performance appraisals, etc.)
Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in education, information systems, or a related field
- At least two years of experience in the development, implementation, training, and/or operation of a human services or technology program
- Working knowledge of adult learning principles and training methods
- Experience with distance learning methods, software, and technology
Experience using Articulate Storyline and SnagIt software
Experience working in human services-related programs (e.g., SNAP, HEAP, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency using Windows and Microsoft Office applications
Physical requirements: Ability to:
Lift, move, and transport mobile computer lab
Lift and carry up to 40 lbs.
- Frequent travel throughout NYS is required to facilitate meetings, provide training, and offer technical assistance.
This opportunity includes an excellent benefit package and is grant-supported by the SUNY Buffalo State Sponsored Programs Office/Research Foundation. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Deadline for submission of cover letter and resume (only one document upload allowed): Open until filled
The Research Foundation (RF) is not an agency or instrumentality of the State of New York. Employees of the RF are not state employees, do not participate in any state retirement system and do not receive state fringe benefits. The RF operates under a contract with The State University of New York and receives no directly appropriated state funding.